TWO EVENTS – GATE ENTRY $20
We kick off the day with C&M PERFORMANCE STREET CAR SHOOTOUT at 3pm.
This event caters to New Zealands quickest and fastest street legal cars. Come and see the best of the best do battle for the battle of the street beasts.
Following the crowning of the quickest and fastest street legal king, we take down the Xmas tree and timing gear and move into the Meremere Dragway Track Outlaws meeting. This is the second running of this event on NZ soil.
The racing will be conducted over the 1/8th mile and will be torch start and torch finish. No time slips or official drag racing timing equipment of any variety will be available. Camera’s will be at the start and finish lines in case of any disputes. All disputes will be reviewed and settled by the Race Master. There will be minimal track prep.
■ Gates / Race Entry opens 3pm ■ Track Opens 630pm
■ Race Entry $50 ($20 from each entry will go into the class prize money pot)
Format for racing:
• No qualifying; we will go straight into random pairings, eliminations knock-out racing.
• Winners only go through to next round and will race each other in random pairings until we get to quarterfinals* stage.
• Pairings for quarterfinals* pairings will be drawn out of a hat by the racer and will race until one winner is found.
• From quarterfinals* onwards, a coin toss will determine lane choice.
• From quarterfinals* onwards, any Byes will be determined by hat draw.
• The winner will take prize money from the entries.
• We encourage side bets on the start line between the last 8 cars, so BRING CASH!!
* QUARTERFINALS = when there are only eight, seven, six or five vehicles left in racing (the round before Semifinals)
Non Turbo – WOF Rego, 4/6 cylinders and Rotary’s (no teched cars)
Turbo – WOF Rego, 4/6 cylinders and Rotary’s (no teched cars)
V8’s – WOF Rego (no teched cars)
Teched Street Cars – WOF, REGO, DRAG RACING LICENSE, LOG BOOK / TECH INSPECTION, any engine
Teched Competition Cars – door cars / sedan style only, turn around time to be determined by Race master
Grounds for disqualification:
Jump the start (Race Masters’ decision)
Crossing the centre line
Not fronting to pit lanes when called, not fronting to start line for hat draw or coin toss and not fronting to start line for racing when called by officials.
Disobeying track officials.
Depending on timings and schedule, Grudge Racing may be run in between the later rounds so you can race your mates. We encourage Racers to listen to all Pit Tower announcements so you don’t miss your class or a chance to race your mates in Grudge.
NOTE: There will be no qualifying, we will go straight into RACING.
Random pairings till the last 8 cars, then pairings will be determined by drawing names out of a hat and coin toss for lane choice.
Side bets allowed…drivers can bet on themselves.
|Date||Saturday 1st February 2020|
Meremere Dragway (Drag Way Meremere) (Drag Way Meremere) (Drag Way Meremere)